Ontario Liberals rally in Hamilton for largest Annual Meeting in over 20 years
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 4, 2023
HAMILTON, ON – Today, 1,500 dedicated Ontario Liberals came together from every region of the province to chart a course for the future of the party. Motivated and energized by the fight against Conservative attacks on the Greenbelt, public healthcare and schools, this weekend’s sessions include:
- Thought-provoking speeches from Executive Council candidates;
- Regional meetings aimed at ensuring the party hears from and acts on perspectives across Ontario;
- Annual Meetings of the Ontario Women’s Liberal Commission and the Ontario Young Liberals;
- Awards and recognition for exceptional volunteers;
- Vigorous debates on proposals to amend the party’s constitution; and
- Informative workshops focused on empowering the party’s grassroots.
Ontario Liberal Party Interim Leader, John Fraser, addressed delegates with a keynote speech focused on the party’s mandate to provide a strong opposition and an exciting leadership race that will take the party to every corner of our province.
“This weekend, we are taking the first steps on this journey of renewal. But as a party with a 160-year legacy, renewal is not new to us,” said MPP Fraser. “We need to be ready so that when Ontarians head to the polls, we’ll be fighting for what matters most – a real plan to protect our environment, an economy where everyone has opportunity, and a public healthcare system that puts people before profits.”
“To do that, we need to rally together to welcome new members, volunteers and strengthen our party financially,” continued Fraser. “Ontarians are counting on us to be there for them and our members have sent a clear message that they are motivated, revitalized and committed to forming a better government in 2026.”
PDF - 153 Kb